- Me and My Class are Proactive!
Classroom environment. Those two words are the golden words in my classro
- A Space and Place for Low-Stakes Writing
Imagine being told that you had to compose an essay in fifty minutes that would
- What is the Purpose: Prevention or Diagnosis?
“What was the purpose of that?” my principal asked before I was all the way thro
- Teaching Students To Ask Questions
The door of the English classroom next to mine holds a quote by George Carlin. I
- Take Writing to the Dark Side
Let your students have fun with descriptive writing through publishing their own
- Building a Community of Writers
In the first few weeks of school I establish routines in my classroom. One of t
- Add 25 Hours of Learning Time this Year!
“I just don’t have the time.” “How can I fit it all in?” “Where did this
- Student Created Light Bulb Moment
When I first started teaching I was overwhelmed by the expansive amount of conte
- Start with Creating a Positive Class Culture
Start with a Smile! “You shouldn’t let them see you smile before Christmas,” is
- How Mary Poppins Turned on the Light
When you are a first year teacher, you are doing everything you can to survive.